Activities & Volunteer Coordinator
Job Title: Activities & Volunteer Coordinator
Full Time: Tanglewood Manor
Reports To: Activities Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Plan, promote, organize and conduct activities for residents under policies established by the facility by performing the following duties. Responsible/Accountable for the accuracy and validity of all recorded documentation pertaining to your job description.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate and conduct a program of activities for residents in order to provide entertainment, intercommunications, exercise, relaxation, and an opportunity to express talent and fulfill psychosocial, social and spiritual needs.
- Prepare calendar of events and activities; post and distribute according to regulations.
- Schedule and accompany residents on community based leisure outings and regular shopping excursions.
- Schedule and coordinate appropriate seasonal and Holiday celebrations.
- Schedule resident’s birthday celebrations.
- Prepare newsletter monthly.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly inservices as required.
- Facilitate monthly Resident Council Meetings with appropriate staff; take minutes and transcribe and post.
- Document resident’s activity participation.
- Order and keep required budget guidelines in mind while choosing appropriate craft supplies for individual residents.
- Keep financial records as required by the facility.
- Recruit, select and orient volunteers.
- Choose appropriate and meaningful volunteer assignments, monitor evaluate and recognize on a regular basis.
- Participate in public relations related tasks as required.
Directly supervise Activities Aides and Volunteers. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training and orienting employees and volunteers; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School education and 1 year previous volunteer or work experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other status legally protected by federal, state, or local law.