Assisted Living Program (ALP) Nurse
Job Title: Assisted Living Program (ALP) Nurse
Full Time: Field of Dreams
Reports To: Administrator
FLSA Status: Salary/Exempt
Administer nursing program to maintain standards of resident care, comfort, satisfaction and safety. Advises medical staff, department heads, and administrator in matters related to nursing service by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with assistant to maintain timely execution of ALP process.
- Maintain and promote working relationships with CHHA and DOH.
- Perform semi-annual and annual UAS-NY Assessments for ALP residents.
- Unlimited availability to assess and evaluate residents’ health concerns.
- Review resident’ status weekly to assure Director of Personal Care has addressed/solved any or all issues.
- Update Assisted Living resident’s care plans as care requirements change, but in no event less frequently than once every six months.
- Consult with case management and agency administrator concerning new admissions and discharges of residents.
- Completes UAS-NY assessment for all new ALP admissions to determine level of functioning upon admission to Tanglewood Manor and Memory Garden. Inputs ISP (Individual Service Plans) and schedules care requirements in Care Tracker.
- Oversee the notification of physicians with changes in physical/mental conditions of all residents.
- Document records to include resident assessments, communications and all ALP information
- Promotes positive working relationships with other departments.
- Attends meetings and continuing education sessions including those necessary for maintaining licenses and certification.
- Perform functions such as initiating in-service programs.
- Conducts PCA and HHA training programs, including methodologies Nurse Aide Transition, Competency Evaluations, PCA Alternative Demonstration.
- Perform Aide Supervisory and installs record and reporting systems.
- Conduct quarterly Quality Assurance meeting/audits and reports on quarterly
- Assist when needed to destroy narcotics on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in the response to DOH investigative reports of complaints and/or violations concerning all residents.
- Perform such tasks as may be deemed necessary by management in order to promote the health and safety of the residents of Tanglewood Manor and Memory Garden.
- Tracking of Hep B and administer vaccine to employees. Turn completed paperwork into Human Resource Department for employee medical file.
Attached Supervisor, works in conjunction with Director of Personnel and ALP Assistant
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A. A.) in nursing or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One to three years supervisory or administrative experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.