Job Title: LPN
Full Time: Tanglewood Manor (1st Shift), The Magnolia ( 2nd and 3rd shifts), Field of Dreams (2nd and 3rd shifts)
Part Time: Tanglewood Manor (1st and 3rd shifts), The Magnolia (1st shift), Field of Dreams (1st shift)
Department: Personal Care
Reports To: Director of Personal Care
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Cares for elderly, convalescent, or disabled persons in resident’s home under the supervision of an LPN/RN by performing the following duties. Responsible/Accountable for the accuracy and validity of all recorded documentation pertaining to your job description.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist residents with the care of teeth and gums.
- Assist residents to dress, bathe, and groom self, including shampooing hair, shaving, and ordinary care of nails (washing, drying and filing with an emery board.)
- Assist residents into and out of bed, or wheelchair, to lavatory, and up and down stairs.
- Assist residents with special needs in dining room. Provide prompting, cueing and set-up during meals to those residents who require monitoring due to dementia, weakness or loss of appetite. Reports status to DPC/RN.
- Assist residents with walking, use of walker or wheelchair.
- Assist with transfers from bed to chair or commode and back.
- Change bed linens as necessary, in the absence of housekeepers.
- Wash residents’ laundry and linens in the absence of a housekeeper.
- Immediately report any changes in a residents’ condition to the supervisor.
- Maintain records of services provided and of apparent condition of resident.
- Report concerns to medication aide.
- Assist residents with toileting.
- List needed supplies. Report to Supervisor.
- Apply preparations and treatments such as ointments, creams or simple dry dressings.
- Change ostomy appliances and catheter leg bags.
- Assess residents’ skin integrity daily and provide special skin care as needed. Report redness or open areas to Supervisor.
- Take temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure as needed.
- Collect urine, stool and sputum specimens as needed.
- Assist residents’ with a prescribed exercise program.
- Immediately report any changes in the residents’ condition to the Supervisor.
- Document services provided and apparent condition of residents on flow sheets.
- Report and record incidents involving staff and/or residents in accordance with Tanglewood Manor policy.
- Participate in conferences and ongoing training as directed and required by the Department of Health.
- Remove trash from residents’ rooms and deposit into dumpster at end of shift worked.
- Assist care aides with answering call bells.
- May perform additional tasks if special circumstances exist and if properly trained and supervised by Supervisor.
- Assess need for and approve use of PRN medications, perform fingerstick blood sugar collection from residents.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Have completed a Graduate Practical Nursing successfully and passed state examination to obtain License for Practical Nursing.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Home Health Aide Certificate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other status legally protected by federal, state, or local law.