Student Food Service Server
Job Title: Student Server
Part-Time: Frewsburg Rest Home, Tanglewood Manor
Reports To: Dietary Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Provide customer service by serving meals to residents through performing the following duties. Responsible/Accountable for the accuracy and validity of all recorded documentation pertaining to your job description.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that the dining room and tables are ready and set for meal.
- Prepare yourself with knowledge of the meal that is being served as well as the alternate. Be prepared to thoroughly explain the menu choices.
- Seat residents according to seating chart.
- Greet residents with a smile as they enter the dining room.
- Handle food in a safe and clean manner.
- Pour and serve meal and coffee to residents according to their individual prescribed diets.
- Observe residents and respond to any additional requests throughout mealtime.
- Assist on the serving line as needed.
- Clear and reset tables at conclusion of each meal.
- Wash and sanitize tables and chairs in designated section.
- Fill condiments.
- Assist other wait staff when finished with assigned section.
- Observe and report noticeable changes in dietary intake of residents.
- Monitor and report food waste to cook or supervisor.
- Monitor and report missing items from tables.
- Report to supervisor when resident is absent from a meal.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other status legally protected by federal, state, or local law.