Personal Care Aide
Job Title: Personal Care Aide
Full Time: Tanglewood Manor (1st, 2nd , 3rd shifts), The Magnolia (1st, 2nd , 3rd shifts), Field of Dreams ( 2nd , 3rd shifts)
Part Time: Tanglewood Manor (1st, 2nd , 3rd shifts), The Magnolia (1st, 2nd , 3rd shifts), Field of Dreams (1st , 2nd , 3rd shifts)
Department: Personal Care
Reports To: Director of Client Care Services
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Prepared By: PeopleSystems®
Assists clients/residents of adult care facility with personal care and home management under the supervision of the Tanglewood LPN/RN by performing the following duties. Responsible/Accountable for the accuracy and validity of all recorded documentation pertaining to your job description.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist residents with the care of teeth and gums.
- Assist residents to dress, bathe, and groom self, including shampooing hair, shaving, and ordinary care of nails (washing, drying and filing with an emery board.)
- Assist residents into and out of bed, or wheelchair, to lavatory, and up and down stairs.
- Assist residents with special needs in small dining room.Provide prompting, cueing and set-up during meals to those residents who require monitoring due to dementia, weakness or loss of appetite. Reports status to DPC/RN.
- Assist residents with walking, use of walker or wheelchair.
- Assist with transfers from bed to chair or commode and back.
- Assist residents with toileting.
- Change bed linens as necessary, in the absence of housekeepers.
- Wash residents’ laundry and linens in the absence of a housekeeper.
- Immediately report any changes in a residents’ condition to the supervising nurse.
- Document services provided and condition of residents on Caretracker.
- Report concerns to medication aide.
- Report and record incidents involving staff and/or residents in accordance with Tanglewood Manor Policy.
- Participate in conferences and ongoing training as directed and required by the Department of Health.
- Remove trash from residents’ rooms and deposit into dumpster at end of shift worked.
- Assist med aides with answering call bells.
- May perform additional tasks if special circumstances exist and if properly trained and supervised by Tanglewood RN.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Personal Care Aide Certificate
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.